# Ping & Routing
If you are unexpectedly getting a higher ping to the server, please ensure you follow the instructions below:
Ping Test & Traceroute
- Grab the server IP address that you were experiencing the issue on, make sure you don't include the port.
- Navigate to your computer's terminal or command prompt.
- Type the following command to perform a ping test:
ping (IP Address Goes Here)
- Type the following command to perform a traceroute:
tracert (IP Address Goes Here)
- Screenshot the results and upload them to be submitted with a support ticket.
- Server Booker:
- Server Location:
- Server Details:
# Can't See Bot Messages
If you aren't able to see the content of a message from the Discord bot, please ensure you have the setting enabled below:
User Settings > Text & Images > Show website preview info from links pasted into chat
# Not Receiving Bot Messages
If you are expecting a message from the Discord bot, but aren't receiving one, please ensure you have the setting enabled below:
User Settings > Privacy & Safety > Allow direct messages from server members
# Avoiding Attacks on Servers
To avoid interruptions on your server, such as DDOS attacks, please ensure before entering the server that you remain offline on Steam. If you stay online after entering the server and then go offline; this still can expose the address of the server.